We are committed to offering our customers the highest possible standards of service.
In so doing, we are pleased to support the Financial Conduct Authority’s initiative ‘Treating Customers Fairly’.
We recognise that both we and our customers have everything to gain if we look after your best interests and treat you fairly in all aspects of our dealings with you.
Our commitment to you
• provide you with clear information about the products and service we offer, including fees and charges
• ascertain your individual needs, preferences and circumstances before recommending a mortgage
• only recommend a mortgage that we consider suitable for you and that you can afford – and always the most suitable from the available options
• not recommend a mortgage if we can’t find one we consider suitable
• encourage you to ask if there’s something you don’t understand
• give you access to a formal complaints procedure should you become unhappy with our service
How you can help us
To help us give you the most appropriate advice, we will ask you to:
• tell us as much as possible about your income and outgoings, to enable us to properly assess how much you can afford
• let us know about changes that might affect your ability to repay a mortgage
• let us know if there is any aspect of our service, or of a product we have discussed or recommended, that you don’t understand
• tell us if you think there are ways we can improve our service
Through TCF, we aim to deliver improved outcomes for our clients.
Once we have completed our business together, and we have successfully arranged your mortgage and/or protection arrangements, we ask you to complete a short survey to give us feedback about your experiences of using our services.